- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek), divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (3-4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1 tablespoon (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 small red onion, half finely chopped, half sliced
- 2 cups (packed) fresh mint leaves, 1 cup chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 English hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and 2 teaspoons chili paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is softened, about 1 minute. Add pork and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until pork is cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Transfer pork mixture to a plate and let cool.
Meanwhile, whisk lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and remaining 2 teaspoons chili paste in a small bowl to combine.
Combine chopped onion, chopped mint, and half of dressing in a medium bowl. Add pork mixture and toss to combine. Toss lettuce, cucumber, sliced onion, whole mint leaves, and remaining dressing in a large bowl. Arrange salad and pork on a platter.
DO AHEAD: Pork mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Serve cold or room temperature.