- 1 8.5-ounce jar hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves (from large bunch)
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
Mix all ingredients in bowl. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add watercress, cucumber, carrot, cilantro, and onion and toss to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes or chill up to 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
Stir coriander seeds in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant and slightly darker, about 2 minutes. Transfer seeds to plastic bag. Using mallet or hammer, coarsely crack seeds. Combine sesame oil and ginger in medium bowl; mix in coriander seeds, then scallops. Let stand at least 30 minutes or chill up to 1 hour.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Thread 3 scallops onto each of 4 skewers. Brush barbecue rack with oil to prevent sticking. Grill scallops until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side. Divide vegetables among 4 plates. Top each with scallops and serve, passing hoisin-orange sauce separately.